Town of Palm Beach Traffic Report
Town of Palm Becah Traffic Report for the Week of 8/01/2016
(1) FLAGLER MEMORIAL BRIDGE: Construction continues on the Flagler Memorial Bridge.
(2) SOUTHERN BOULEVARD WATERMAIN RELOCATION: Construction continues on Southern Boulevard Watermain Relocation. The project involves installation of underground utilities via (2) directional bores on Southern Boulevard (from Washington Road in West Palm Beach to South Ocean Boulevard in Palm Beach); and utility pipe installation via open cut on Southern Boulevard, State Road 80 Causeway and Flagler Drive in West Palm Beach. two-way traffic will be maintained on Southern Boulevard. Intermittent closures, when required, will be scheduled to occur during nighttime hours. Construction will be completed by February 2017.
(3) TOWN SQUARE: The outside northbound and the inside southbound lane on South County Road will be closed. The U-turn at the south end of Town Hall will also be closed and traffic will be re-routed east on Peruvian Avenue, then south on South Ocean Boulevard and west on Hammon Avenue to South County Road. The work involves drainage, sidewalk, curb, landscape, hardscape and associated improvements as part of the Town Square Phase II Project. This part of the project should be completed by 11/29/16.
(4) SIGNALIZATION AND MAST ARM IMPROVEMENTS ON NORTH COUNTY ROAD: The northbound and southbound outside lanes of North County Road from Park Avenue to Royal Poinciana Way will be closed for the installation of drainage and water. Pedestrians will be routed around the construction at the signalized intersections of Sunrise and Sunset Avenues. In the 100 Block of Sunrise Avenue and the 100 block of Sunset Avenue at the intersection of North County Road there will be a single lane closure for the installation of utilities. Flaggers will be present to direct traffic.
(5) RIDGEVIEW DR. AND CHERRY LANE DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS: On Ridgeview Drive between North Lake Way and North County Road drainage improvements will continue with curb removal and replacement. Drainage work will also be completed at the east end of Ridgeview Drive near North County Road. On Cherry Lane between North Lake Way and North County Road, drainage construction will continue. Traffic will be directed by flaggers and construction signage.
The road will be closed at 222 Cherry Land access to 222 will be from North Lake Way from Monday, August 1st through Saturday, August 6th.
Town of Palm Beach Traffic Report
(6) LAKE TOWERS UTILITY UNDERGROUNDING PROJECT: On Bradley Place between Atlantic Avenue and Dunbar Road there will be periodic lane closures. Traffic will be directed by flaggers.
(7) FPU GAS LINE REPLACEMENTS: Installation of gas lines, gas service connections, abandoning of gas lines, and road restoration will take place on the following streets: Hi Mount Road,Australian Avenue between South Ocean Boulevard and South Lake Drive,Cocoanut Row and Brazilian Avenue intersection, Hibiscus Avenue and Brazilian Avenue intersection,South Lake Drive and Brazilian Avenue intersection, South Ocean Boulevard between Australian Avenue and Peruvian Avenue, 100 Block of Chilean Avenue, South County Road and Royal Palm Way intersection, 100 Block of Peruvian Avenue, South County Road and Peruvian Avenue. Flaggers will direct traffic.
(8) WELLS ROAD AUSTRALIAN PINE TRIMMING PROGRAM: This work is scheduled between August 1 and August 5 and involves the trimming and shaping of the Australian pines on Wells Rd. There will be one lane closed during the trimming and advance warning signs, flaggers and traffic control devices will be present to assist with traffic flow.
(9) TOWN WIDE REPAIR OF LINE STRIPING AND PAVEMENT MARKINGS: This project involves the repair and/or replacement line striping and pavement markings identified as deficient during the annual inspection of the markings. There will be limited lane closures and periodic blocking of parking stalls. Flaggers, advance warning signs and traffic control devices will be present to assist with traffic flow. The following streets and roadways will be affected:Ibis Isle, Peruvian Avenue, Island Road, El Bravo Way, Gulfstream Road, Hammon Avenue, Sunrise Avenue, Onandoga Avenue, Four Arts Plaza, Seaspray Avenue, Seaview Avenue, Seabreeze Avenue, Mediterranean Road, and Root Trail
(10) ATLANTIC AVENUE, DUNBAR ROAD, EVERGLADE AVENUE, AND SOUTH ROAD DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS: Man Con Inc. will begin work on Atlantic Avenue Monday, August 1, 2016 and is expected to finish Wednesday, August 3, 2016. On August 3rd, Atlantic Avenue, Dunbar Road, and Southland Road will begin curb and driveway apron removal and installation. There will be “Road Closed Local Traffic Only” onto Everglade Ave., Atlantic Ave., Dunbar Rd., and Southland Road from North County Road to Bradley Place on Monday, Aug 1st through Friday August 5th.
(11) 1520 SOUTH OCEAN BOULEVARD TUNNEL: Construction of a pedestrian tunnel under South Ocean Blvd. will commence on 8/1/16 starting at 7am. A single lane closure will be in place in front of the property on South Ocean Blvd. during the construction period. Traffic will be directed by flaggers, signage, and temporary traffic signals located North and South of property.
(12) E-2 PUMP STATION ON NORTH LAKE WAY BETWEEN MOCKINGBIRD TRAIL AND NIGHTINGALE TRAIL: On August 2, Public Works Department will be performing maintenance on the E-2 Pump Station. All traffic will be detoured to North Ocean Way.
A dedicated traffic telephone line is available from 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday to report excessive traffic delays or concerns. They can be reached at 561-838-5410.